Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Diablo: The Hell Forums</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. If you want to have access to the forum, read topics, post message, upload files and all the functions this forum provides, you have to register. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

F.A.Q. + questions regarding the game

Everything about TH gameplay...

Moderator: Archer

Re: F.A.Q. + questions regarding the game

Postby kiros_winstone » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:33 pm

Wouldn't that make it more viable to find elite blues in single as opposed to multiplayer than? And considering wise drop is essentially an auto filter system, probably makes more sense to just run single player if you're looking for decent blues tbh
kiros_winstone
Eviscerator

Postby bue » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:55 am

I think when you look for sturdy prefix, it is better to use single player because it only has a qlvl of 33, so you could find that fairly early on. But the affixes you should not do single player for are the high qlvl ones you mentioned like zodiac and sacred because you need to get to level 23 or 24 to get those. My reasoning is that the feature where you have to save in single player could make level 21 and 22 take a very long time as opposed to you just teleporting down the stairs as soon as you see them in multiplayer.

On the other hand... i think someone said monsters in multiplayer have 50% more hp than in single player, so maybe it would take your character longer to cleave through the tougher mobs than in single player.
50 Mage - Wesker
46 Mage - Wesker
49 Paladin - Mango-Cheese
47 Assassin - Mango-Assassin
42 Scout - Mango-Sniper
40 Gladiator - Garbage Slick
37 Monk - Mango-Milf
bue
Abyss Guardian

Postby z0diac » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:15 am

bue wrote:On the other hand... i think someone said monsters in multiplayer have 50% more hp than in single player, so maybe it would take your character longer to cleave through the tougher mobs than in single player.

It's actually double. The monster info extracted from the game shows MP HP, so I suppose that is the base and in SP the game simply takes half of it.
Monsters are also more aggressive on MP and the boss packs are larger, so SP is clearly much easier in that regard as well.
Youtube videos and playthroughs: http://www.youtube.com/user/z0diacTHEzodiac

-zdc- @ Tunngle
50 Scout, BOW_TO_ME
50 Monk, MOON-NEGER
50 Gladiator, CREFUL_W_THE_AX
50 Paladin, SILENT_WARRIOR
49 Assassin, SHADOWNINJA
45 Mage, YES_IM_A_WIZARD
z0diac
Crypt Sentinel

Postby alleria » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:02 pm

Also some bosses like diablo crosses fire walls, and knocback is less effective, MP is much harder.
alleria
Pit Fiend

Postby kiros_winstone » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:12 pm

Well I mean technically, you're looking for higher mob density. I think if I had the choice of farming uber minions (abatan, dregbez) vs slowly chopping away with an assassin in single player, I'd probably choose the uber route. Whether or not this proves more beneficial in terms of loot is something I'd need to test on.

But I can honestly say that personally single player is a very boring experience, and fairly static with the save feature.
Consigned to the apathy of oblivion.

[Tunngle ID - Kirose]
kiros_winstone
Eviscerator

Postby tazz99 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:17 am

Recently, while playing sp the power went out. after getting it back on and restarting my computer. The character I was playing and everything I had in the stash is gone. Is there a way to restore this? Somewhere in the files maybe to recover the character and stuff?
tazz99
Ghost

Postby bue » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:47 am

Check your Thehell folder for:
Multiplayer character files - "hellmp_0.drv" the number is the characters number.
SinglePlayer character files - "hellsp_0.hsv"
Multiplayer stash files - "Hell_MP.Hst"
Single Player stash files - "Hell_SP.Hst"

If you have lost a ton of items you grinded specifically for, I am sure some people could email you some of there files and you can pick out the uniques you had.

I know it is annoying to hear after issues like this, but in case you have not made a backup file before, it is nice to backup your files once in a while just in case.
50 Mage - Wesker
46 Mage - Wesker
42 Scout - Mango-Sniper
37 Monk - Mango-Milf
bue
Abyss Guardian

Postby alleria » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:18 pm

Yeah, that is true... I make a backup every time I am done playing for a day;) thats what I do since I lost my char one time...
alleria
Pit Fiend

Postby z0diac » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:23 pm

Always always ALWAYS remember to back up your files. :mrgreen:
post7427.html

-zdc- @ Tunngle
50 Scout, BOW_TO_ME
50 Monk, MOON-NEGER
49 Assassin, SHADOWNINJA
45 Mage, YES_IM_A_WIZARD
z0diac
Crypt Sentinel

Postby Bunnyville » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:14 pm

Bunnyville wrote:Ok, found an old post concerning this topic somewhere deep in the forum.

Prefix "+%damage" is stackable (so the 247% from my sword sum up with the 25% from my amulet to a total of 272%) but doesn't effect the total sum of damage but only the base damage of my sword. If I were a Gladiator or Assassine with dual wield it would have an effect on the base damage of the two weapons.

Short question, i am not sure: The "10% chance for +200% damage", does it mean "+20% on top of the weapon's base damage" oder "+20% on top of the damage shown on character Screen"?

Thanks!
Bunnyville
Imp

Postby Bunnyville » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:18 pm

Now I have three questions: :wink:

1) I calculated it out: “Damage 10% for 200%” is not included in the damage shown on character screen. So again: is it applied only to the weapon’s base damage or to the total damage shown on character screen? (I found in Jarulf’s Guide a similar attribute and it says “total damage”…)

2) Is there a formula to calculate DPS. Question is, if a certain weapon with less damage but attribute quick/fast etc. does more damage than a weapon with higher damage but no quick/fast etc. Please don’t write “Just try it out while fighting and trust your feelings”  I would love to have a formula.

3)toHit: is there a formula to calculate the point, where more does not make sense? My Glad with his current build has a toHit on character screen of 236%. I play Purge Hell levels. How do I know if I reached the maximum chance toHit and can skip further improvements in this part of the build for certain dungeon levels?

Thanks!
Bunnyville
Imp

Postby z0diac » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:15 pm

Bunnyville wrote:Short question, i am not sure: The "10% chance for +200% damage", does it mean "+20% on top of the weapon's base damage" oder "+20% on top of the damage shown on character Screen"?

Thanks!

Your overall damage which is displayed in the character screen. Same goes for Dread, character criticals, +50% vs demons/undead and +50% vs undead with blunts and vs animals with swords and for the Paladin's +25% vs undead which works with all melee weapons. None of them are shown in the in-screen damage but get added on top of it and multiply each other.
So, for example, a Paladin with 200 damage on the screen does 200*1.5*1.5*1.25=562.5 points of damage against undead with a blunt weapon and the bonus damage vs undead affix. This doesn't take into account other bonuses, but is worth noting because of how the bonuses multiply rather than stack and how against undead you can reach most massive damage boosts. Then again some of the most resilient monsters in the game are undead.

Bunnyville wrote:1) I calculated it out: “Damage 10% for 200%” is not included in the damage shown on character screen. So again: is it applied only to the weapon’s base damage or to the total damage shown on character screen? (I found in Jarulf’s Guide a similar attribute and it says “total damage”…)

The screen damage or total damage (not final damage though, because that depends on the receiving target as well). If you have a damage between 100-200, you have a 10% chance to triple that damage to 300...303...306...up to 600 if we ignore other modifiers.

Bunnyville wrote:2) Is there a formula to calculate DPS. Question is, if a certain weapon with less damage but attribute quick/fast etc. does more damage than a weapon with higher damage but no quick/fast etc. Please don’t write “Just try it out while fighting and trust your feelings”  I would love to have a formula.

Well, you'd need the exact frames for different attack speeds and calculate the exact average damage to get relatively accurate numbers. Then, more importantly, you need to be able to apply it consistently for the DPS to be of any use. Here faster attack speeds are more useful plus of course any defensive attributes your different setups have, and this is an overall massively complex formula which I would not bother with.

I guess something like a +15-20% damage multiplier per full frame in attack speed should work for most characters for a rough calculation. In melee it's -1 frame when going from base to quick, -2 for fast, -2.5 for faster and -3 for fastest. Ranged has -1 frame for quick, -1.5 for fast, -2 for faster and -3 for fastest.
If you have every defensive attribute and offensive affix like above mentioned damage modifiers and tohit values the same between two different speed setups, it's the simplest it can get. But this should be relatively rare.

Bunnyville wrote:3)toHit: is there a formula to calculate the point, where more does not make sense? My Glad with his current build has a toHit on character screen of 236%. I play Purge Hell levels. How do I know if I reached the maximum chance toHit and can skip further improvements in this part of the build for certain dungeon levels?

Well, Diablo has 148 AC on Purgatory and Gladiator has a hidden +15% in tohit, so even taking into account the Rnd[21] decrease in tohit chance against bosses you'd be 3 points over the max chance to hit him at 80% even in the worst case scenario. Sweep attack suffers a moderate reduction though, and against any other monster you're easily maxed out as well.
When going through the full 24 levels of the game, mAC increases about 3.5 points per DLVL on average. Add 85 on Purgatory and 170 on Doom on top of that for a fast calculation of mAC.

-zdc- @ Tunngle
50 Scout, BOW_TO_ME
50 Monk, MOON-NEGER
49 Assassin, SHADOWNINJA
45 Mage, YES_IM_A_WIZARD
z0diac
Crypt Sentinel

Postby Bunnyville » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:36 am

Zodiac…as always…IMPRESSIVE! Thank you for your explanations.

Concerning 10% for 200%:...got it, perfect.

Concerning DPS: Ok, I understand, it’s not as easy as it seems to be. I will roughly calculate with +20% total damage for every full frame that is skipped. That’s a useful workflow for me to decide between certain weapons “in theory”.

Concerning tohit: Oh, it is that simple…? I take the tohit shown on character screen + the hidden +15%, substract mAC and get my chance to hit (which can’t go higher than 80%)?
And when fighting bosses I always substract 21% from my tohit?
Bunnyville
Imp

Postby z0diac » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:11 pm

Bunnyville wrote:Concerning tohit: Oh, it is that simple…? I take the tohit shown on character screen + the hidden +15%, substract mAC and get my chance to hit (which can’t go higher than 80%)?
And when fighting bosses I always substract 21% from my tohit?

Yes it's basically that simple. The only complicated thing is when Armor Piercing is in effect, because then you really need to know mAC for a rough calculation of how much tohit you get from it. Gladiator also has a +1 in AP.
80% cap is only against bosses. Regular monsters have 95% but there are some special monsters which may have a cap as low as 40%.
The Rnd[21] means a random 0-20% decrease in your chances to hit a boss monster, so 10% on average.

-zdc- @ Tunngle
50 Scout, BOW_TO_ME
50 Monk, MOON-NEGER
49 Assassin, SHADOWNINJA
45 Mage, YES_IM_A_WIZARD
z0diac
Crypt Sentinel

Postby Bunnyville » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:07 pm

Ok! Thanks!
Bunnyville
Imp

Postby kiros_winstone » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:09 pm

Can anyone direct me on how I can change the soft coded hotkey bindings, currently playing a mage and I'd like to place some spells in some more convenient locations. Preferably Fury being remove from F1 and binded to J (Who needs Nova anyway..) Logically I tried looking for an .ini file, no luck.

[Tunngle ID - Kirose]
kiros_winstone
Eviscerator

Postby nimbus » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:35 am

kiros_winstone wrote:Can anyone direct me on how I can change the soft coded hotkey bindings, currently playing a mage and I'd like to place some spells in some more convenient locations. Preferably Fury being remove from F1 and binded to J (Who needs Nova anyway..) Logically I tried looking for an .ini file, no luck.

You can easily use AutoHotkey to rebind stuff. You can make the game much smoother to play. For instance, I have map toggle set to a mouse button, and ctrl-{1, 2, 3, 4} to drink potions 5, 6, 7 and 8. You can also make spell hotkeys that cast the spell instead of just selecting it, by adding a RMB press to the hotkey. I've included my .ahk file below if it interests you.

Code: Select all
#IfWinActive THE HELL

*w::weaponswap()
*a::castF5()
*s::castF6()
*d::castF7()
*f::castF8()
*6::inventory()
*y::character()
*XButton1::map()
*v::heal()
*5::fury()
*z::firewall()
*x::lightningwall()
*h::portal()
*t::holybolt()
*^1::drink5()
*1::drink1()
*^2::drink6()
*2::drink2()
*^3::drink7()
*3::drink3()
*^4::drink8()
*4::drink4()

weaponswap(){
   sendinput v
}

castF5(){
   SendInput {F5}
   SendInput {rbutton}
}

castF6(){
   SendInput {F6}
   SendInput {rbutton}
}

castF7(){
   SendInput {F7}
   SendInput {rbutton}
}

castF8(){
   SendInput {F8}
   SendInput {rbutton}
}

inventory(){
   send i
}

character(){
   send c
}

map(){
   send {Tab}
}

heal(){
   sendinput {F2}
   sendinput {rbutton}
}

fury(){
   sendinput {F1}
   sendinput {rbutton}
}

firewall(){
   sendinput w
   sendinput {rbutton}
}

lightningwall(){
   sendinput e
   sendinput {rbutton}
}

portal(){
   sendinput o
   sendinput {rbutton}
}

holybolt(){
   sendinput h
   sendinput {rbutton}
}

drink1(){
   sendinput 1
}

drink2(){
   sendinput 2
}

drink3(){
   sendinput 3
}

drink4(){
   sendinput 4
}

drink5(){
   sendinput 5
}

drink6(){
   sendinput 6
}

drink7(){
   sendinput 7
}

drink8(){
   sendinput 8
}
nimbus
Spectre

Postby kiros_winstone » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:53 am

nimbus wrote:
kiros_winstone wrote:Can anyone direct me on how I can change the soft coded hotkey bindings, currently playing a mage and I'd like to place some spells in some more convenient locations. Preferably Fury being remove from F1 and binded to J (Who needs Nova anyway..) Logically I tried looking for an .ini file, no luck.

You can easily use AutoHotkey to rebind stuff. You can make the game much smoother to play. For instance, I have map toggle set to a mouse button, and ctrl-{1, 2, 3, 4} to drink potions 5, 6, 7 and 8. You can also make spell hotkeys that cast the spell instead of just selecting it, by adding a RMB press to the hotkey. I've included my .ahk file below if it interests you.

What's a simply script for F9 being fury and J being holy bolt?

[Tunngle ID - Kirose]
kiros_winstone
Eviscerator

Postby Kagerou » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:23 pm

1. Is the difficulty of King Leoric's Tomb dependent on CLVL in any way or are the monsters' positions heavily randomised? After numerous tries i've memorised the first half of the level quite well but still couldn't beat the quest. One restart and one CLVL later i came back there and saw a LOT more bone creepers.
2. Just got screwed over by Wirt big time. He was selling a weapon that was an upgrade over the one my other char was using. So i saved, checked that other character's weapon and came back to the first one just to see his exhibited item changing to some useless piece of armour. How could this happen?
Kagerou
Spectre

Postby Kagerou » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:27 pm

One more silly question. I want to calculate the chance of my character being hit by a Corrupt Order's arrow on Doom. How do i do that? I've seen Formulae.xls but it's still very confusing. I know their mlvl which is 73, my clvl which is 46, then there is THC which for some reason doesn't even strictly rise depending on the mlvl. And i couldn't find an exact formula which i can put their THC and my AC in. Would it be something like max(mTHC - AC - dist^2/2, 12%)?
Kagerou
Spectre

Postby z0diac » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:07 pm

Kagerou wrote:1. Is the difficulty of King Leoric's Tomb dependent on CLVL in any way or are the monsters' positions heavily randomised? After numerous tries i've memorised the first half of the level quite well but still couldn't beat the quest. One restart and one CLVL later i came back there and saw a LOT more bone creepers.

I would highly doubt anything like this exists. Thus far every quest has been set and all monsters are always in the same place, but there are some locations that have more than one possible layout, like the worms quest.
Are you sure any change between patches didn't occur in between games? If you started a game under the previous version and updated the game but didn't create a new game, things might get bugged in unexpected ways.

Kagerou wrote:2. Just got screwed over by Wirt big time. He was selling a weapon that was an upgrade over the one my other char was using. So i saved, checked that other character's weapon and came back to the first one just to see his exhibited item changing to some useless piece of armour. How could this happen?

I don't know, maybe in SP the item gets swapped between games in some weird fashion? In any case it's better to buy something right away just in case, as other things might make items disappear like game crashes or gaining a level. It's only gold and there's not that many places to spend it anyway.
You'd much rather lose a bit of gold than miss out on an opportunity to improve your character.

Kagerou wrote:One more silly question. I want to calculate the chance of my character being hit by a Corrupt Order's arrow on Doom. How do i do that? I've seen Formulae.xls but it's still very confusing. I know their mlvl which is 73, my clvl which is 46, then there is THC which for some reason doesn't even strictly rise depending on the mlvl. And i couldn't find an exact formula which i can put their THC and my AC in. Would it be something like max(mTHC - AC - dist^2/2, 12%)?

Their MLVL minus your CLVL is 27, times two is 54, add 30 base tohit, Corrupt Order attack tohit of 16, Doom mode tohit bonus of 180, grand total is 280.
But that's not all.

I don't know from where I remember this but something gave me the impression that monsters wouldn't have the distance penalty, but I'm probably wrong. In any case, it should be twice the distance in floor tiles, or 2 for monsters standing next to you and 20 for monsters at ten tiles or about the edge of the screen. The randomizing formula also gives them slightly more tohit on average and which means they hit you slightly more often at close range.
There are also other things to consider like character dodging ability whose existence I have some doubts on. Blocking is of course another way of negating the damage, but the arrow can also inflict a double hit, a mechanism whose details are currently unknown. It seems to work with all ranged physical attacks and seems to be based on a random chance of occurrence, maybe around 15% or so. However it could vary wildly depending on difficulty, MLVL, DLVL, mAC or a combination of things.

-zdc- @ Tunngle
50 Scout, BOW_TO_ME
50 Monk, MOON-NEGER
49 Assassin, SHADOWNINJA
45 Mage, YES_IM_A_WIZARD
z0diac
Crypt Sentinel

Postby Kagerou » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:23 pm

Thans for the long response. I've bruteforced those two quests already but the curiousity is still here.

z0diac wrote:Are you sure any change between patches didn't occur in between games? If you started a game under the previous version and updated the game but didn't create a new game, things might get bugged in unexpected ways.

Absolutely sure about this. Having completing the quest, i'd say the skeletons just behaved or were positioned differently in the second game. There were a lot of them attacking me early on but then Leoric's room was nearly empty in the end.

z0diac wrote:I don't know, maybe in SP the item gets swapped between games in some weird fashion? In any case it's better to buy something right away just in case, as other things might make items disappear like game crashes or gaining a level. It's only gold and there's not that many places to spend it anyway.
You'd much rather lose a bit of gold than miss out on an opportunity to improve your character.

I've tested it some more. Apparently, his item does change every time you relaunch the game or switch characters. Sounds very exploitable, not sure how fair it is to reroll it like that.

z0diac wrote:Their MLVL minus your CLVL is 27, times two is 54, add 30 base tohit, Corrupt Order attack tohit of 16, Doom mode tohit bonus of 180, grand total is 280.
But that's not all.

I don't know from where I remember this but something gave me the impression that monsters wouldn't have the distance penalty, but I'm probably wrong. In any case, it should be twice the distance in floor tiles, or 2 for monsters standing next to you and 20 for monsters at ten tiles or about the edge of the screen. The randomizing formula also gives them slightly more tohit on average and which means they hit you slightly more often at close range.
There are also other things to consider like character dodging ability whose existence I have some doubts on. Blocking is of course another way of negating the damage, but the arrow can also inflict a double hit, a mechanism whose details are currently unknown. It seems to work with all ranged physical attacks and seems to be based on a random chance of occurrence, maybe around 15% or so. However it could vary wildly depending on difficulty, MLVL, DLVL, mAC or a combination of things.

Their to hit is also in the monsterlist.xls, i get it now. I was trying to gauge whether going from 204 to 241 AC with Dodgecat would've been great for the Island of the Sunless Sea. It sounded like a great idea because of how weird to hit chance formulae are in this game. Needed 1 more level or 4 more stats to do that though, got lazy and just lucked through the quest without it.
Kagerou
Spectre

Postby 11Elvis11 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:08 am

What's the requirement on each difficulty for stairs/shortcuts to stay opened once you reach them? Is there a way that they remain opened in each difficulty after starting a new game?
11Elvis11
Spectre

Postby bue » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:19 pm

Doom crypt is always open to my mage when i start a new game, level requirement on multiplayer is 40 to enter doom +1 level for each new area. But they always stay open so nothing to worry about :D

not sure on the level variances of purgatory though, think its level 25 to enter purg + 2 levels per new area (catacombs, caves, ect).
50 Mage - Wesker
46 Mage - Wesker
42 Scout - Mango-Sniper
37 Monk - Mango-Milf
bue
Abyss Guardian

Postby z0diac » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:43 pm

11Elvis11 wrote:What's the requirement on each difficulty for stairs/shortcuts to stay opened once you reach them? Is there a way that they remain opened in each difficulty after starting a new game?

Check this complete-guide-to-the-hell-now-in-git-wip-t994-100.html#p16801
It probably works the same in both SP and MP (other than on SP the way in is blocked off and on MP you get turned around at the entrance, but the end result is the same), but you can always "cheat" the requirement by fighting your way down to those levels.

bue wrote:Doom crypt is always open to my mage when i start a new game, level requirement on multiplayer is 40 to enter doom +1 level for each new area. But they always stay open so nothing to worry about :D

not sure on the level variances of purgatory though, think its level 25 to enter purg + 2 levels per new area (catacombs, caves, ect).

Yeah, should be one level each on Doom mode, I haven't updated that info as I wanna confirm it first. :mrgreen:

-zdc- @ Tunngle
50 Scout, BOW_TO_ME
50 Monk, MOON-NEGER
49 Assassin, SHADOWNINJA
45 Mage, YES_IM_A_WIZARD
z0diac
Crypt Sentinel

Previous

Return to UnderWorld