Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Diablo: The Hell Forums</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. If you want to have access to the forum, read topics, post message, upload files and all the functions this forum provides, you have to register. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Bug reports

TH development, bug-reports, suggestions, collaboration, etc...

Moderator: Archer

Re: Bug reports

Postby alleria » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:27 am

There is a whole topic with tips for that quest by the way;)
alleria
Hell Knight

Postby DragonsLover » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:29 am

Care to provide me the link about that topic please? That would be greatly appreciated.
DragonsLover
Spectre

Postby alleria » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:47 am

Here ya go sunless-sea-glad-t1551.html
It is for gladiator, but most important stuff is there, max your DFE, AC, hp and equip a bow, and be careful!
alleria
Hell Knight

Postby DragonsLover » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:06 pm

Alrighty, thanks for that! :) And I believe it's pretty much the same formula for The Infested Cellar?
DragonsLover
Spectre

Postby alleria » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:37 pm

If I remember correctly there are no archers there but all the worms, so resistances are important. And good axe or preferably a pair of swords are enough, no need for bow:)
alleria
Hell Knight

Postby DragonsLover » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:57 pm

Celia is silent when talking to her for her mission. Strangely, the sound files for her are present in the data. Do you think you could fix this, Mordor? Thank you!
DragonsLover
Spectre

Postby z0diac » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:33 pm

DragonsLover wrote:Celia is silent when talking to her for her mission. Strangely, the sound files for her are present in the data. Do you think you could fix this, Mordor? Thank you!

It's by design, she has been mute for almost four years.
Youtube videos and playthroughs: http://www.youtube.com/user/z0diacTHEzodiac

-zdc- @ Tunngle
50 Scout, BOW_TO_ME
50 Monk, MOON-NEGER
50 Gladiator, CREFUL_W_THE_AX
50 Paladin, SILENT_WARRIOR
49 Assassin, SHADOWNINJA
45 Mage, YES_IM_A_WIZARD
z0diac
Crypt Sentinel

Postby DragonsLover » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:18 am

By design? Why? Don't like her voice?

Also, I got this in attachment, is that normal?
Attachments
cobaltring.png
cobaltring.png (208.16 KiB) Viewed 1709 times
DragonsLover
Spectre

Postby alleria » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:19 pm

The upper item is based on higher level ring and that's why it is more expensive, if that's what you are asking.
alleria
Hell Knight

Postby z0diac » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:51 pm

DragonsLover wrote:By design? Why? Don't like her voice?

I think there are bugs associated with her voice being unlocked or something along those lines, and it's probably not very high on the list of things to fix.

DragonsLover wrote:Also, I got this in attachment, is that normal?

Base rings are different and have different values. Also the resistance amount affects the price but the lower one is still less valuable.

-zdc- @ Tunngle
50 Scout, BOW_TO_ME
50 Monk, MOON-NEGER
49 Assassin, SHADOWNINJA
45 Mage, YES_IM_A_WIZARD
z0diac
Crypt Sentinel

Postby DragonsLover » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:15 am

alleria wrote:The upper item is based on higher level ring and that's why it is more expensive, if that's what you are asking.

I see. It's still funny that a lesser powerful ring would cost more than a greater one, but I can understand.
DragonsLover
Spectre

Postby masterteo89 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:12 pm

Version 1.205c

My scout never find Leoric quest. And believe me, i've done it a lot of runs. And i mean it, really a lot of times.

Solution : i'm downloading 1.205a full release and i will update it to 1.205k. 99% problem will be solved.

So, i'm reporting this just because it's the right thing to do.

Maybe it's my pc fault. Maybe version 1.205c had a bug with Leoric quest not starting. I don't know, but again...i'm re-downloading and upgrading to last version so all should be solved.
masterteo89
Tormentor

Postby Cupboard » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:57 am

Is it just me or did the Contemplator wand (5/5 seeing charges) also morph into the Mindrend staff (5/5 mana) charges for any Mage player? This item took up 2 spaces in the inventory before and now it takes up 6. Contemplator was in my inventory at the time of the morph.
Cupboard
Imp

Postby z0diac » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:34 pm

Seems like Golem still attracts shooters from way beyond visual range across vast distances. Happens at least on Abyss and Crypt.
The old bug of Golem punching monsters across walls happens as well.

-zdc- @ Tunngle
50 Scout, BOW_TO_ME
50 Monk, MOON-NEGER
49 Assassin, SHADOWNINJA
45 Mage, YES_IM_A_WIZARD
z0diac
Crypt Sentinel

Postby alleria » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:11 pm

Agree with extreme range shooting, never seen him attack through walls though.
alleria
Hell Knight

Postby z0diac » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:08 pm

alleria wrote:Agree with extreme range shooting, never seen him attack through walls though.

Happens when he's swinging at something which you kill at the same time so he chooses the next target before the punch goes through or completes. I believe the target should be the closest thing to Golem, but I can't say for sure. Of course if he fails by not rolling the tohit chance, it shouldn't happen.

-zdc- @ Tunngle
50 Scout, BOW_TO_ME
50 Monk, MOON-NEGER
49 Assassin, SHADOWNINJA
45 Mage, YES_IM_A_WIZARD
z0diac
Crypt Sentinel

Postby z0diac » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:04 pm

The recharging shrine effect does not work for items that are on your weapon switch. Maybe the same is true for the repair shrine?

-zdc- @ Tunngle
50 Scout, BOW_TO_ME
50 Monk, MOON-NEGER
49 Assassin, SHADOWNINJA
45 Mage, YES_IM_A_WIZARD
z0diac
Crypt Sentinel

Postby Cupboard » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:04 am

It is true for repair shrine as well
Cupboard
Imp

Postby Bunnyville » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:52 am

"You can learn only by making mistakes" shrine does not work if stats are golden. Is it meant to be like that and if yes, why...?
Bunnyville
Imp

Postby alleria » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:09 pm

It is not a bug, it keeps players from reaching stat limit. Weell it should;) I never reached stat limit though, never been even close... I hate grinding;)
alleria
Hell Knight

Postby Bunnyville » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:43 pm

I think, you get used to grinding. :vhappy:

But concerning the shrine, your answer doesn't make sense: you don't get MORE stat points but only the chance to distribute 4 points new. So in my opinion, the shrine should work, whether your stats are golden or not.
Bunnyville
Imp

Postby bue » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:52 pm

Yes at max stats you do lose one of every stat. Someone had a good idea that max stat characters should not have this effect happen as it can make some players gear to become unequipped. If its not too much coding, I think it is a good idea, as i still like to press shrines to see if i can get the "hidden" shrine that gives +1 durability.
50 Mage - Wesker
46 Mage - Wesker
49 Paladin - Mango-Cheese
47 Assassin - Mango-Assassin
42 Scout - Mango-Sniper
40 Gladiator - Garbage Slick
37 Monk - Mango-Milf
bue
Abyss Guardian

Postby Bunnyville » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:10 pm

bue wrote:Yes at max stats you do lose one of every stat. Someone had a good idea that max stat characters should not have this effect happen as it can make some players gear to become unequipped.

Hm...this can also happen with non max stat characters. Or not? And you could distribute the 4 Points exactly as they were distributed before.
Anyway, it is like it is. :smile: As we say in Germany.
Bunnyville
Imp

Postby z0diac » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:23 am

Dungeon objects spawned on the floor are sometimes not able to be picked up. This is an old thing, but maybe there's something to be done about it.
It happens when you enter a DLVL and then re-enter it, at least by TP. Pre-spawned potions and special room magical items on the floor sometimes become unresponsive and disappear after a slight delay after you click on them. It doesn't seem to happen for gold piles in such rooms.

Also when you kill a boss and he drops potions, these potions may be duplicated if you pick them up, go to town and then back down as they're on the floor again in the same spot where you just picked them up. I haven't checked if they're indeed true dupes like what the potion shrine gives you, but that's a pretty moot point.

-zdc- @ Tunngle
50 Scout, BOW_TO_ME
50 Monk, MOON-NEGER
49 Assassin, SHADOWNINJA
45 Mage, YES_IM_A_WIZARD
z0diac
Crypt Sentinel

Postby alleria » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:02 pm

MP right? Yeah seen that a few times, also items get unpickable sometimes( they are not picked up , and after a click on them they vanish after a few seconds). I think Mordor is aware of that, hopefully it will be removed some day...
alleria
Hell Knight

Postby masterteo89 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:56 am

New version 1.207 killed my stash.

Gillian won't give me anymore the option of storing or taking items.
masterteo89
Tormentor

Postby Mordor » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:13 am

u may need to unbloack the files after unpacking
Thank you for playing TH, please consider donating by PayPal: diablothehell@gmail.com

If you want to play online - use TUNNGLE

Official site for TH & TH2 mods: thmod.com
Mordor
Site Admin

Postby masterteo89 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:20 am

Solved.

No Mordor, the problem was another. And probably it was a fault of my pc.

I am used to start The Hell from a quick icon on the desktop. Somehow, when i overwrited the files in the The Hell folder, the link got bugged.

Long story short, the icon on my desktop was no more linked to TheHell.exe but to TH.exe

That's why i was unable to use the stash, TH.exe do not support it.

But this is an interesting bug, good to know that overwriting folders can cause problem to quick icons on the desktop
masterteo89
Tormentor

Postby Mordor » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:24 am

an odd bug indeed...
Thank you for playing TH, please consider donating by PayPal: diablothehell@gmail.com

Mordor
Site Admin

Postby masterteo89 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:45 am

But if even i was able to solve it quite fast, i dare say that this is a very minor bug.
masterteo89
Tormentor

Postby alleria » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:39 pm

[quote="alleria"][quote="z0diac"]

[quote="alleria"]I did not know that until Zod reported it. I calculated it and he is right... The thing is I think nerfing her by reducing hp will make her totally unable to beat uber diablo... Something I am trying to do with a scout for a long time with no success yet... Thanks for not going down that road Mordor!

Uber Diablo is really difficult to beat with the Scout solo, even in SP. Aside from really top-end gear or a level spawn where you get a barrel block, I'd say it's a half an hour battle in the best case scenario.

I know, I will do it one day though not using lame tactic to hide behind line of urns.
A few months ago I lost my scout save along with the backup I did not give up though, still got some items in stash and a new scout with 36 level at the moment. At least got somthing to do before TH2 will come up :)

Aaand I did it!
Finally, my scout defeated uber D on doom! YAY!
Surprisingly it was not that tough - teleport and golem did all the work :)

That made me to think - how aggro is chosen - uber D was rarely interested in beating my golem - usually he was walking near him straight to get my *** kicked... even if I was far far away...

anyway - i am thrilled - my favourite char finally finished the game :)
alleria
Hell Knight

Postby bue » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:49 pm

Thats a job well done I'd say! Saw only one video of a scout doing it and it just looked like a massive haggle with speciffic items and copius amount of potions. But it seems that it was not as difficult for you.

I hear you on the aggro thing, i see the defiler do everything in his power to whiz around my golem so its almost like i have to put my golem on top of him as i cast it.

Now that you've done such a difficult task, what will you do? Play fruit ninja XD
50 Mage - Wesker
46 Mage - Wesker
42 Scout - Mango-Sniper
37 Monk - Mango-Milf
bue
Abyss Guardian

Postby alleria » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:00 am

there was only one failed attempt - got uber D killed in second, took about 10 minutes, and maybe 50 full holy waters(I placed like 200 on the floor before starting the fight haha), surprisingly easy, really.
used the same items i was using against normal mobs - probably could choose something better, but I dont like switching items just for specific enemies, i never carry anything additional to what i wear (2nd weapon slot is used by staff of identify).

next? I already got back to my gladdy playthrough haha - just uploaded 10th and 11th episodes:)
fruit ninja? you mean monk? never liked him... his animation is choppy - stupid sierra messed him up:(
but who knows, if I am done with gladdy...
alleria
Hell Knight

Postby bue » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:30 am

Just a bad joke, by fruit ninja i meant that phone game where you use your finger to cut fruit that flys around your screen. Like an ironic thing to say to someone who has done something challenging, set them up to play a super easy game like candy crush or fruit ninja.
50 Mage - Wesker
46 Mage - Wesker
42 Scout - Mango-Sniper
37 Monk - Mango-Milf
bue
Abyss Guardian

Postby alleria » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:55 am

Hah not familiar with that game, but I know what u mean, I am attached to hell so will be around;)
alleria
Hell Knight

Postby bue » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:56 am

Have been playing multiplayer much more in the recent past and noticed something that seemed too unlikely to be true. I would notice that when we do our runs down the crypt and sometimes hive, we would receive EXACTLY the same drops but from different mobs. The first couple times it would happen with insignificant items like ruby shield of defense or something like that.

But we found a hungry bangle of the stars (+15 to all attributes) and i was pretty happy with a perfect roll. 2 Levels later we killed a boss and received the EXACT same ring along with a shield i faintly remembered. So because the good drop stuck out i finally had proof beyond a reasonable doubt that something was up.

My question is that without telling me how to code works, if perhaps you could tell me if there is anything different from version 1.198 till now in terms of how the game generates drops. I prefer you not tell me the details of the system because I might lose a bit of motivation if the drop is determined by something that is fixed . An example that comes to mind is supposing that the drops in game are based off of your computers clock. Now I know its not that simple, but if it was something along those lines, I may search forever during particular hours but would never be able to find item of X.

Also, has anyone else noticed this on multiplayer recently or ever? If not, maybe start to and see if it was just a 1 in a billion chance. For now I remain convinced that there is a new world order at work that is run by the Illuminati.
50 Mage - Wesker
46 Mage - Wesker
42 Scout - Mango-Sniper
37 Monk - Mango-Milf
bue
Abyss Guardian

Postby Mordor » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:24 am

you know
there was a post from belix recently
and he suggested some of his fixes to TH
from these I picked just one - mutiplayer monster freeze fix, when u kill monsters simultaneously, they would freeze or remain alive for the other player
it was supposed to be gixed.
not to mention that we had to fix the way this fix was implemented, but thats the only feature that might be responsible here
and i did get some weird reports since then
as more feed is obtained, i'll decide what to do, if to do anything. i consider such occurances a freak of random, unles proved otherwise by systematic reports from different sources

Mordor
Site Admin

Postby z0diac » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:39 pm

I touched a Fountain of Tears and lost mana. I didn't pay close attention but it was probably the amount of mana to cast Reflect. This was under Fury if that makes a difference.
I know, I preach about not using Reflect under any circumstance but I just felt like taking it just for the lolz. :mrgreen:

-zdc- @ Tunngle
50 Scout, BOW_TO_ME
50 Monk, MOON-NEGER
49 Assassin, SHADOWNINJA
45 Mage, YES_IM_A_WIZARD
z0diac
Crypt Sentinel

Postby alleria » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:42 pm

Yeah I seen that too
alleria
Hell Knight

Postby 11Elvis11 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:47 am

bue wrote:Have been playing multiplayer much more in the recent past and noticed something that seemed too unlikely to be true. I would notice that when we do our runs down the crypt and sometimes hive, we would receive EXACTLY the same drops but from different mobs. The first couple times it would happen with insignificant items like ruby shield of defense or something like that.

But we found a hungry bangle of the stars (+15 to all attributes) and i was pretty happy with a perfect roll. 2 Levels later we killed a boss and received the EXACT same ring along with a shield i faintly remembered. So because the good drop stuck out i finally had proof beyond a reasonable doubt that something was up.

My question is that without telling me how to code works, if perhaps you could tell me if there is anything different from version 1.198 till now in terms of how the game generates drops. I prefer you not tell me the details of the system because I might lose a bit of motivation if the drop is determined by something that is fixed . An example that comes to mind is supposing that the drops in game are based off of your computers clock. Now I know its not that simple, but if it was something along those lines, I may search forever during particular hours but would never be able to find item of X.

Also, has anyone else noticed this on multiplayer recently or ever? If not, maybe start to and see if it was just a 1 in a billion chance. For now I remain convinced that there is a new world order at work that is run by the Illuminati.

I've played single for about a couple of years and a few days ago I tried multiplayer on my own. This bug is very common, in both, specially in single player. Most of the times I noticed it in magic items probably because it's strange to find the exact same one, happend a few times with uniques too.
11Elvis11
Spectre

Postby z0diac » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:12 am

I had suspected this for a long time but finally got around to actually testing it - single shot with the bow has a lower chance of reducing bow durability than triple shot. I made a test of 500 shots and got a 13 point decrease while triple shot reduced 18 points in just 300 shots.

-zdc- @ Tunngle
50 Scout, BOW_TO_ME
50 Monk, MOON-NEGER
49 Assassin, SHADOWNINJA
45 Mage, YES_IM_A_WIZARD
z0diac
Crypt Sentinel

Postby z0diac » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:02 pm

I was going to make a thread about testing Healing, but there's really not much to say after all as the class bonuses are now balanced. Testing also proved to be pretty tedious and the results were kinda boring.
However, the spell book's stated healing amounts are way off and that's why I'm posting this here. For classes other than the Mage (maybe not though) and Gladiator the real amount is close to 1.5 times the lower number and never varies by more than less than 10%. Gladiator's stated values actually did not change between versions 1.209 and 1.210, so now Gladiator gets around 2.45 times the lower number stated in the spell book as the real amount healed did change according to the class bonus buff.

Another thing wholly is to account for what the different classes get per each point in cVIT and/or +life from gear and how Healing scales with those numbers. But, there's so much to be said about the whole thing that I'm not even sure how to start, nor do I have the interest to dwell into it right now.
Therefore I'll just let Healing be for now as the most important thing has been corrected. :mrgreen:

-zdc- @ Tunngle
50 Scout, BOW_TO_ME
50 Monk, MOON-NEGER
49 Assassin, SHADOWNINJA
45 Mage, YES_IM_A_WIZARD
z0diac
Crypt Sentinel

Postby z0diac » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:57 am

Not a bug, but both Hatred and Burning Dead (captain/sword type) have a "hidden" type boss pack on DLVL 5. I encountered them simultaneously, which just seemed a bit funny.
Maybe move one of them onto another DLVL?

-zdc- @ Tunngle
50 Scout, BOW_TO_ME
50 Monk, MOON-NEGER
49 Assassin, SHADOWNINJA
45 Mage, YES_IM_A_WIZARD
z0diac
Crypt Sentinel

Postby alleria » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:05 pm

For Gladdy it seems really nice, like healing gives me about 2/3 of life I currently have. He is limited with spell casting because of fury, so it seems fair.
alleria
Hell Knight

Postby bue » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:22 pm

I been noticing since the patch that was supposed to stop duplicate items dropping (i think 1.210 version) a different small glitch. When i repair an item from griswald, i hear that item drop once or twice, and sometimes will even see the animation for a sword dropping next to cain, make the noise, then dissapears before hitting the ground.

I have only done this in multiplayer, but i can say that other players have noticed it too.

Another small glitch is that when i put my gold on the ground near griswald, then repair, it sometimes dissapears and reappears after repairing again later or coming back from a death (cannot pin-point this yet).

Even if the gold does reappear, i will pick it up, but not actually give me the gold.

I will say when i put gold on the ground near gillian, i have had no issues.

Maybe this is mordors way of getting me to stop putting my gold on the ground, or maybe just a new small bug. Has anyone else noticed something of this nature in single player, multiplayer tunngle, or multiplayer hamachi?
50 Mage - Wesker
46 Mage - Wesker
42 Scout - Mango-Sniper
37 Monk - Mango-Milf
bue
Abyss Guardian

Postby alleria » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:55 pm

I keep the tristram ground as clean as I can, sorry;)
alleria
Hell Knight

Postby Mordor » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:03 pm

there used to be one report on this matter
now it's you and it's obvious that DD did mess something up
I'm so fucking sick of his sloppy *** coding, man i hate it so much
guess i gotta toss his patch and be done with this circus

I want to know though: how is situation with items in MP, did this patch fix their disappearings from the floor?

Mordor
Site Admin

Postby kiros_winstone » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:50 am

Item prefix drop rates on Doom are totally screwed with the current patch.
Fire and lightning damage affixes appear to be non-existent on blue weapons. Thought it may be RNG, but I'm willing to rule that out now. I've noticed a significant reduction in drop range, and the drop patterns on blue prefixes appear to be restricted
kiros_winstone
Eviscerator

Postby DextroWombat » Sat May 13, 2017 5:02 pm

So I finally got the stash working, and now I find that the relict, gold, and other slots in the misc category aren't working right - the rest of the items seem to be working normally (books, weapons, jewelry and armor are great - not sure about others yet)
The potions, etc, are still in the stash, but I have to go to the all items tab
Anyone have any clue why this would be? This is a fresh download from moddb like 3 days ago...

Edit: Hmm, scratch all that - it's only the categories that have nothing in them that are acting like that, and I just noticed the potion tab, this is new! I like!
DextroWombat
Imp

Previous

Return to HellForge