Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Diablo: The Hell Forums</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. If you want to have access to the forum, read topics, post message, upload files and all the functions this forum provides, you have to register. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Slow axe/crosshbow attack speed

Everything about TH gameplay...

Moderator: Archer

Slow axe/crosshbow attack speed

Postby Motoko1 » Thu May 18, 2017 7:19 pm

Were gladiators supposedly too strong because this is a massive nerf, especially to crossbows, its basically impossible to use a slow speed crossbow as a gladiator.

I never thought glads were very good, assassin is by far the best class.

And the slow axe basically forces you to go back to swords/maces.

My gladiator's ability to kill anything has basically been cut in half, there is no reason to play it.
Motoko1
Eviscerator
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:39 am

 

Re: Slow axe/crosshbow attack speed

Postby DextroWombat » Thu May 18, 2017 11:14 pm

Huh?
DextroWombat
Imp
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:36 pm

Re: Slow axe/crosshbow attack speed

Postby Motoko1 » Fri May 19, 2017 1:31 am

DextroWombat wrote:Huh?


I don't know what "huh?" is supposed to mean.
Motoko1
Eviscerator
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:39 am

Re: Slow axe/crosshbow attack speed

Postby alleria » Fri May 19, 2017 11:00 am

That's probably because it is actually not nerf, DPS is actually better with both slow axes and xbows. Downside is that there are bigger chances of your attack being disrupted, but since gladdies have high vit and it affects stun chance I think it is interesting.
User avatar
alleria
Hell Knight
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:13 pm

Re: Slow axe/crosshbow attack speed

Postby Motoko1 » Sat May 20, 2017 1:45 am

alleria wrote:That's probably because it is actually not nerf, DPS is actually better with both slow axes and xbows. Downside is that there are bigger chances of your attack being disrupted, but since gladdies have high vit and it affects stun chance I think it is interesting.


You get interupted way too much and the animation is terrible, especially with the bow.
Motoko1
Eviscerator
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:39 am

Re: Slow axe/crosshbow attack speed

Postby kiros_winstone » Sat May 20, 2017 11:30 am

It presents a problem, I don't bother using mid/higher tier axes in purgatory for this reason. Not really sure why it was implemented in the first place, things were fine as they were
User avatar
kiros_winstone
Eviscerator
 
Posts: 368
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:16 am

Re: Slow axe/crosshbow attack speed

Postby Motoko1 » Sat May 20, 2017 11:52 am

kiros_winstone wrote:It presents a problem, I don't bother using mid/higher tier axes in purgatory for this reason. Not really sure why it was implemented in the first place, things were fine as they were



just hope it isnt used in the hell 2 lol

gladiators werent even really strong before this was changed.
Motoko1
Eviscerator
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:39 am

Re: Slow axe/crosshbow attack speed

Postby kiros_winstone » Sat May 20, 2017 4:33 pm

TH2 unlikely to be released. Too much coding, too little coders. Man, I just want some simple patch fixes, but Morder has basically left
User avatar
kiros_winstone
Eviscerator
 
Posts: 368
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:16 am

Re: Slow axe/crosshbow attack speed

Postby Motoko1 » Sun May 21, 2017 4:49 am

kiros_winstone wrote:TH2 unlikely to be released. Too much coding, too little coders. Man, I just want some simple patch fixes, but Morder has basically left


i thought it was still in active building
Motoko1
Eviscerator
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:39 am

Re: Slow axe/crosshbow attack speed

Postby kiros_winstone » Sun May 21, 2017 7:36 am

If Development on TH1 has been discontinued due to lack of resources, I would make the assumption that TH2 also factors into this. Developing TH2 is a huge job, with Yarik gone I don't see how this is possible. Alas, it's just speculation so don't take my word. Mordor hasn't logged in over a week so the forum really isn't being monitored.
User avatar
kiros_winstone
Eviscerator
 
Posts: 368
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:16 am

Re: Slow axe/crosshbow attack speed

Postby alleria » Sun May 21, 2017 1:17 pm

He will be back. he left us a few times in the past but he loves hell to much to just abandon it:)
User avatar
alleria
Hell Knight
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:13 pm

Re: Slow axe/crosshbow attack speed

Postby Motoko1 » Mon May 22, 2017 2:13 pm

kiros_winstone wrote:If Development on TH1 has been discontinued due to lack of resources, I would make the assumption that TH2 also factors into this. Developing TH2 is a huge job, with Yarik gone I don't see how this is possible. Alas, it's just speculation so don't take my word. Mordor hasn't logged in over a week so the forum really isn't being monitored.


TH2 was updated on May 20th... 2 days ago...
Motoko1
Eviscerator
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:39 am

Re: Slow axe/crosshbow attack speed

Postby Poseidon » Mon May 22, 2017 11:36 pm

kiros_winstone wrote:the forum really isn't being monitored.


The forum is always monitored :twisted:
User avatar
Poseidon
Site Admin
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 5:52 pm
Location: London

Re: Slow axe/crosshbow attack speed

Postby kiros_winstone » Tue May 23, 2017 8:13 am

That's a good thing :smile:
I'd say there's still plenty of tinkering, features, and balance issues to be made with TH1
Last edited by kiros_winstone on Tue May 23, 2017 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
kiros_winstone
Eviscerator
 
Posts: 368
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:16 am

Re: Slow axe/crosshbow attack speed

Postby alleria » Tue May 23, 2017 4:40 pm

Lol
User avatar
alleria
Hell Knight
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:13 pm


Return to UnderWorld

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

suspicion-preferred